Butterball's Archives - #BUTTERMUFFINS had the best day ever!

10th June was easily the best day I had in 2017.

It's hard to explain exactly why we had such an incredible time, but I would say it was a magical combination of excellent company, good food, lots of hearty laughter and A SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE that took us from the Nationally Gallery to Peranakan Khek and then to Paragon where we became unofficial friends with our straight-face but secretly funny salesman.
I don't think I've felt this liberated and joyful in a very, very long time - not even while I was in the US.

These are the ignited moments in life I live for, and I am glad that @magmuffins and I became friends because of dayre despite my general disinclination towards new friendships.

Anw I don't think words can do justice to our wonderful day but nonetheless a documentation of this day is absolutely necessary!! So here we go:


🎨 Children's Biennale 🎨
We didn't go for the yayoi exhibition (though now that I see everyone's pictures I am sorely tempted... maybe in july since the queues are quite crazy now!! ) because the BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE 🎉

We hit the giant balls (?? probably an inappropriate name but I have no idea what it's called) exhibition first and it was SO STRESSFUL because we only had 3 minutes to take pictures!!
But we managed to do it!! We were like frantically passing each other our cameras and posing and touching the balls and 3 minutes went by so quickly!! We look like aliens in most of them but here's one where we still have some human colour in us lol
Then we went to the sticker room! I didn't wanna pay for the stickers cos like maybe you can peel the stickers off the wall and stick it on yourself? Or stick it somewhere else? Haha! I wanted to ask some kids to donate stickers to me #troll but their parents were all with them?

But this boy was alone hahaha so can bully!! I went up to him and said 'hello can my friend sit here please' then he went away haha aiyo what a sweet and well-behaved boy. THANK YOU WE LUV U study hard and be smart!
Because of the little boy's willingness to respect his elders (or maybe his mama taught him to avoid CRAY GURLS) mag and I got our MONEY SHOT 🎉🎉🎉
What a cutie 😘😍

(lol while typing this i got ambushed by a jehovah witness who told me I can live forever lol actually the bible verses on the brochure really look like the Christian ones so I need to Google what a jehovah witness really is I think??)
If you haven't already realised... this entire post is going to feature OUR FACES 👩‍❤️‍👩
And that's because WE R CUTE

The last exhibition we went to was the one where you walk on the bridge and it looks like you're walking over a deep endless abyss and idk why parents would torture their children like that? IT WAS SO SCARY lol so no pics of that!! This post is for GOOD THINGS ONLY.

After going back to the sticker room again, we left the national gallery for our lunch at


🐙 The Masses 🐙
This was where my fav teochew restaurant used to be!! (They relocated to raffles place)
Mag says this is opened by the people behind Saveur!
Our food!!
Duck fat potatoes! The duck fat potatoes in sg are nothing like the ones I've had overseas!! Like there's no duck fragrance?

But nvm, this was still very good with the blistered skin and melty insides YUM
Grilled octopus with radish pickles!

Possibly my favourite dish of the day. The octopus was very tender (although it wld be nice if there was slightly more bite) and I love the smoky flavour!! This went super well with the pickles omg i love pickles!!
The dish that enticed us to come here! Think it's a crab meat and caviar pasta! We ordered the bigger portion but sadly there was not a lot of crab. This was tasty but not something I would necessarily order again?
The hot egg on the other hand was a clear winner for the both of us!! Think the smoothest, softest chawanmushi with tiny crispy potato chips and a generous serving of ikura.
The only dish we didn't like was the bone marrow! It was so disappointing I think yall can go to foodie market place or meat collective to buy the frozen one and just bake yourself! Haha this really lacked seasoning and I wish the bone marrow had that crispy brown crust. But nvm!! The other dishes were good!! And we didn't have to wait long for our food at all 🤗

After lunch we went off in search of dessert!!


🍩 Two Bakers 🍩
Our initial plan was to get our fav kueh at Peranakan Khek but when we arrived THERE WAS NO KUEH - oh the horror 😱 think we were stunned into silence for like 5 seconds

But nevermind we recovered from our ordeal and went to Two Bakers haha
Where we shared a yuzu lemon tart! Wish they still had their passionfruit one but the crust is still yummy!
Drinks were pretty meh though. This was my dirty chai hahaha

After our short break we went back to town to look at wallets for Mag!!


🛍👭 TWO GURLS GONE WILD👭🛍
Hiak this year's GSS is great! My logic is that the economy sucks... (so means our mid year bonus also sucks ah?) cos so many brands are on sale and they are like up to 50%!!
Went to LUSH to get free samples!

Asking for samples is really my favourite thing to do!! Like why would you buy the fresh masks from lush when they spoil so fast? When you need just go ask la but don't say I teach and rmb not to go to the same outlet YA? #dayresavingtips #nonsenseversion (PLUS U GET THE FREE MINI TUB great for reusing for staycays/ short trips then throw away)

Side-note: lush is half price everywhere else in the world!!
After we successfully got mask samples from our new friend at Lush, we went to sephora haha where Mag bought a very cool blue lipstick!!!

I wanted to get stuff but I bit my fingers and told myself 'NO' because I have a lot of stuff at home.

HAHAHAHA AND THEN WHEN WE WERE LEAVING MAG WALKED OUT WITH THE SEPHORA BASKET. OMG this still makes me laugh when I think about it!!! This is her putting it back after she already walked out of Sephora 😂
We also went to Paragon to look at wallets!! While mag was thinking whether to get this oxblood wallet I was lusting after this bag!!

I think there's a 30% sale going on for club 21!!
But I forgot about the mulberry bag after I saw this.

Hello my #2017BagGoal !!

We also made friends with our salesperson who very proudly told us 'see Gucci no sale but queue so long. Ferragamo always no queue now got sale then got queue'

So we were like 'ferragamo got sale? Ok bye edison'
WANT WANT WANT ha ha ha y m I so attracted to expensive things y?

Anw couldn't decide whether Edison was nice or not cos he had a straight face all the time even though I must say mag and I are very entertaining people to be with. But he never smile at us or respond to us. He did show us lots of bags though so we have mixed feelings towards him. He is also very smart he said 'July bonus hor? July you come back'

Wa we all clap for him please?
HAHA BRATTY READ THIS POST HE SAY

1. The bag so ugly like buy from taobao and stick ribbon on it

2. My clothes so ugly

HALLO I REPORT U THEN U KNOW

Okay let me continue, he ain't bringing me down yall
HEHE so as I was saying... we went to ferragamo to check out the sale and OMG before we went in mag said 'everyone is walking out with a paper bag' and then I was like 'oh no what if that's us' then mag said CANNOT

But aiya look who walked out with a paper bag also? HAHA 😹🙈😹🙈

Then as we were leaving Paragon, mag said she keeps thinking about her wallet and OMG I damn extra and damn enabler and keep saying 'NVM we go back and see again!! Got sale now shld buy! It's moving quickly!'
SO YAY IN THE END MAG BOUGHT HER WALLET ALSO! We both got great deals hehehe 😊😊😊 such a perfect ending to our perfect day!!!


👭🎉👭🎉👭🎉
Thank u @magmuffins for such a brilliant day, I wldnt have chosen to spend it any other way!! 💗💗#buttermuffins 💗💗

For more anecdotes about us please refer to @magmuffins:100617

Comments

Popular Posts