Butterball's Archives - First Wedding Dessert Table

Today's #butterballbakes - my first ever wedding dessert table!! 

Was quite surprised when my exchange pals asked if I was willing to bake some small items for their guests because I haven't baked in a very, very long time.

And frankly, a lot of my skills have gone rusty and it took a few practice sessions to really get back in the groove, so I'm quite thankful it all came together relatively well today....
After sitting down with my friends to discuss the menu, we decided on 4 items!! First was the chocolate sea salt cookies which is a no brainer cos it's such a crowd pleaser!! 

Second item was the passionfruit tart i used to sell (but i got so sick of 'harvesting' my own passionfruit puree cos the frozen ones are just not as great or tart). 

These were my par-baked tart shells! OMG getting the thickness right was such a bitch. Glad I finally got it right on my 3rd try, which happened to be on the actual day ha
I actually even made a spare batch for security but glad i didn't have to use it, I wld have been LATE haha
I wanted to put 2 seeds but I was lazy to clean more seeds so I just settled for one per tart. 
I rmb during my intermediate pastry days we made a passionfruit and raspberry tart and we had to decorate them with passionfruit seeds and I sprinkled a whole bunch and when chef Marc graded me he said
 ARE YOU A BIRD? WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SEEDS? 
LOL SAID TART. ALOT OF SEEDS MEH? #BITTER 

HAHAHA just joking I luv chef Marc I luv snarky ppl 

(Wah my foncage is DAMN TERRIBLE HAHAHAHAHA how did I even pass my tart is not even round lol)
I ate a ruined tart but it was good HAHA
Third item was a yogurt panna cotta! Couldn't be arsed to make crumble so I cheated with valrhona crunchy pearls 🤗
The last item was macarons!! Asked jeff and sufan if they wanted thai tea or sticky date macarons and jeff wanted thai tea so okay lor hehe
This was another headache cos my MIXER SPOILT YA? I had to borrow Bratty's mixer which is the one with two detachable beaters which you can either attach to a stand or use as a hand mixer. I had to use it as a hand mixer cos the mixing bowl that comes with the stand wasn't big enough and wah my arm went numb from the vibration. 

HMM TIME FOR NEW KITCHEN AID/KENWOOD??? 😉😉
🐙🐙🐙
I froze a batch of mac shells from last week as security (can you tell I'm a very paranoid and kiasu person) 

SO I decided to experiment with a sticky date filling
Should have added slightly more cream! And less water and blended my dates a little more! But other than that I quite liked it though I decided macarons are really damn damn damn sweet and and you can't really reduce the amount of sugar? 

I feel like I shold try the French meringue method but then I am also too lazy to wait for the 'crust' to form
Woohoo rly glad I made all these extra macarons!!! 🍇🍇🍇

🤵👰 THE SET-UP👰🤵
I tried my best with my limitations 
1. No lorry so had to keep everything light!! Hence the use of a cardboard stand (THANK U TAOBAO AND MY HOARDING TENDENCIES) and paper plates (TQ MY FAV BEER COUPLE @billiexjean please check out @party.modern on ig hehe they are also on FB and their marble paper plates are TDF 😍 They were a huge lifesaver for me cos I did not have the ability to bring porcelain plates hehe
2. I asked for a smaller table cos there were only 4 items
Macs
Yogurt panna cotta
TARTS!! These were everyone's fav!! I'm glad cos they were really so much work 🤗🤗🤗

Haha okay ending off this segment with another shameless pic of my desserts 

(Bratty says looks like v little food but actually this was only a third of the amount I baked. Could only fit this much so I was lurking around to top up the table from time to time haha)

Comments

Popular Posts